Full speed towards a fossil free transport sector?
- Perspectives on gasification based biofuels and the role of pilot and demonstration plants
a co-arrangement by f3 and SFC
February 3rd 2016, 8.30 am – 5.00 pm
Venue: Arken Hotel Art Garden Spa, Nordatlanten 100, 41834 Göteborg
8.30 Registration and coffee
09.00 Welcome! - f3 and SFC: A short introduction and presentation of current activities
Johanna Mossberg, director f3 and Joakim Lundgren, director SFC
09.20 Full speed towards a fossil free transport sector?
Moderator: Johanna Mossberg, director f3
Systems perspective on gasification based biofuels
- Methane as vehicle fuel – identifying system solutions with superior performance
Pål Börjesson, Professor, Environmental and Energy Systems Studies, Lund University
- Cost-efficient plant localization? – characteristics of “sweet spots” for biofuel production
Elisabeth Wetterlund, Associate Senior Lecturer, Energy Science, Luleå University of Technology
Commercializing the Bio-based Economy
- Policy for successful demonstrations? -Reflections from a technological research perspective, Henrik Thunman, Professor, Energy and Environment, Chalmers University of Technology
- Pilot and Demonstration Plants in Innovation Policy and Management, Patrik Söderholm, Professor, Business Administration, Luleå University of Technology
- Advanced biofuels strategy to 2030 for the Finnish bioeconomy
Nils-Olov Nylund, Research Professor, VTT
- The role of demonstration plants – a Canadian perspective, Don Smith, Scientific Director & CEO, BioFuelNet, Canada
13.15-17:00 Study visits
Limited number of participants, registration mandatory, members of f3 and SFC have priority.
- Preem Göteborg – production of renewable diesel and gasoline based on tall oil and other residues
- Göteborg Energi GoBiGas – gasification of forest residues for production of biogas
18.30 Dinner at Chalmerska Huset
Only for members of f3, SFC or participants in projects within the joint research program “Förnybara drivmedel och system”.
Registration for participants invited by f3:https://www.eventbrite.com/e/full-speed-towards-a-fossil-free-transport-sector-registration-19294304785