DOE Workshop On Biobased Functional Replacement Chemicals (Thu. 1 Jun, 2017 23:00 - 7:00)
DOE Workshop On Biobased Functional Replacement Chemicals
Friday, May 5, 2017
The U.S. Department of Energy’s (DOE) Bioenergy Technologies Office (BETO) is hosting a Workshop on Moving Beyond Drop-In Replacements: Performance Advantaged Bio-Based Chemicals on June 1, 2017, in Denver, Colorado
. The purpose of the workshop is to solicit stakeholder feedback on what research and development is necessary for writing a functional replacements and novel biobased compounds strategic plan. The discussion, which will be restricted to polymers, small molecules, and other building block chemicals, will center on the following questions:
Registration is available online
- Would a strategy document for bio-based novel compounds and functional replacements be useful? What would it look like?
- What is the best strategy for developing a bio-based novel compounds and functional replacements guiding document?
- What are the biggest challenges in identifying novel compounds and functional replacements?
- What are the most critical properties to screen for when developing screening protocols?
- How can BETO best bridge the gap between those producing novel bio-based compounds and those who need novel compounds or replacements for their formulations?
©2017 Bergeson & Campbell, P.C.