Extent and credits: 7.5 ECTS Apply now
On completion of the course, students will:
- Be able to understand how to apply a systems' perspective on their own research;
- Have gained insights into the current global energy and environmental challenges;
- Have gained insights into the rational of sustainability;
- Have awareness of tools and methods used for environmental, technical and economic systems analysis.
Dates and locations
Autumn 2017: 9-13 October, Luleå, Sweden
ContentsThe course consists of:
- Lectures (on sustainability issues, systems analysis approaches and tools) and workshops;
- Lectures on essential subjects for large-scale biorefinery or bioenergy research and;
- A project assignment, where the students identify suitable systems analysis tools or methods to be applied to their own research. The outcome will be a draft research proposal, a journal or conference manuscript or a chapter of a thesis.