Written by J.L. & A.S.
Extent and credits: 7.5 ECTS
On completion of the course, students will:
- Be able to understand how to apply a systems' perspective on their own research;
- Have gained insights into the current global energy and environmental challenges;
- Have gained insights into the rational of sustainability;
- Have awareness of tools and methods used for environmental, technical and economic systems analysis.
Dates and locations - Course start in October 2019
28 October - 1 November, Luleå, Sweden: Lectures and workshops;
Followed by independent work on a project assignment.
The course consists of:
- Lectures (on sustainability issues, systems analysis approaches and tools) and workshops;
- Lectures on essential subjects for large-scale biorefinery or bioenergy research and;
- A project assignment, where the students identify suitable systems analysis tools or methods to be applied to their own research. The outcome will be a draft research proposal, a journal or conference manuscript or a chapter of a thesis.
Application and prerequisites
To apply for enrolment in Systems Perspectives on Biomass Resources, please complete the Application Form.